Taking a short break from the two secret projects I’ve been working on in the past 2 weeks – one of which will be coming to skyblock in the next few days – it was time our main Skyblock server received some love.
A lot of major changes have just been applied on the server moments ago.
1. If you’re a diamond donator and disconnected while flying it used to mean falling to void and dying unless you were a fast typist. Not anymore. Now fly is enabled by default when connecting to the server, if you are a diamond donator. You no longer have to type /fly!
2. If you ever disabled your fly mode, you may have come across an annoying error message. Gone. Poof. Fixed.
3. You know it’s in the /rules that killing people outside of PvP arenas is not allowed on this server. We’ve received endless reports from players they were killed on islands, and one of the most common causes of death was lava or burning. You know how much I hate banning people, so instead I just applied a workaround. All players are now immune to lava and fire damage (except in Mob Arena).
4. Ever built that perfect shop around your warp, only to have players glitching through the doors or glass walls with enderpearls and stomp all over your island? Not anymore! Enderpearls can still be used to teleport around, but using them to glitch through blocks or doors should no longer be possible.
5. A while ago we introduced a plugin that will protect your most valuable blocks (including beacons, dragon eggs and diamond blocks) so only the person that placed them down was able to mine them back. Creative people worked around this – in a way – so they moved these blocks with pistons. While it didn’t allow them to pick up the blocks, it would prevent the owner from picking them up too if they wanted. Not anymore. Pistons can no longer push any protected blocks (beacons, dragon eggs, gold blocks, iron blocks and diamond blocks).
6. If you placed a dragon egg on a block, then later mine the block, the dragon egg would fall down and either be lost, or you’d be unable to pick it back up. Now dragon eggs no longer fall down and magically float in the air when the block they were sitting on is removed.
There’s yet a lot of new exciting things coming to Skyblock and elsewhere in the next days.
Because we care! Play hard, and stay safe 🙂